I'm listening to more tracks by young musicians and DJs, throughout the summer months, now. Why? I'm not sure, but I've noticed that some of these amazing musicians only have a few listens and followers on these music platforms e.g. Spotify and SoundCloud etc. It may seem like little to them, but I know that at least some people are familiar with you, your brand, and your music. But we want more for you.
"Realising that you can't get 'likes' without awareness is the first step to moving forward and expanding your reach to the masses. Knowing you can't attract followers if people aren't aware of your song(s) or album(s), or if they haven't heard it on another playlist is vital. You can't get on major playlists unless you're well-known? As a result, awareness is critical."
Ask yourself these questions
How will people discover me?
How can I make it easy for people to know of me, my brand and music?
How can I get people talking about me?
How do I turn people into fans?
How do people view me at a glance?
How can you establish a strong brand that people remember?
*FYI - this blog post uses affiliate links. Whenever you click a link, please do mention that you heard of Promo Up Music or Musicgateway via Dats Muzik. I utilise a number of affiliate commission services to earn a percentage of commission on sales/ purcheses.*
Continue blog post below...
Dats Muzik believes you can be guided to the answers, to these questions, by working with one of Dats Muzik's PR & Marketing businesses we've partnered with. You can receive the answers and quickly increase your monthly listeners and followings. We're here to talk about why long-term listeners, followers, and fans on music platforms like Spotify, SoundCloud, Tidal, and others are so important.
Here is the why....
1. You can help reduce your audiences stress.... 77% of Millennials and 67% of Gen Zs in the UK agree that they use audio to reduce stress. 64% of Gen Zs feel "more centred and generally happier" when listening to their favourite music on a daily basis, so your music could become their new repeat and this will turn them into loyal long-term listeners, followers and fans.
2. As Millennials and Gen Zs are incorporating audio into their self-care routines, brands have an oppurtunity to collaborate with musicians and become part of their daily practices through Spotify advertising.
3. Music on repeat creates positive associations, as the more they hear your music, the more they will get too like it. This means the more you advertise your music and use influencers to promote it, then potential listeners will entventually go to your Spotify or SoundCloud page and become a long-term listener etc. Influencer Marketing is needed here, so choose Promo Up Music, as they will help you skyrocket your monthly listeners and video views per month.
3. With the social media influence, collaborations between musicians, podcasters, audiences and brands are changing the sound of culture. Building your community of loyal long-term listeners, followers and fans is beneficial for you and for people, which is helping them form bonds over a shared passion of you or your band, your brand and music. This means Social Media Marketing & Advertising is helpful to lead potential listeners to your Spotify, SoundCloud and/ or Tidal page etc. Choose Promo Up Music and/ or Musicgateway... You Choose.
4. Social media has created a "community for music lovers" for every music genre and, as people use word of mouth or recommend your songs, new people will check out your music on Spotify etc, which will take your music from hundreds to hundreds of thousands listeners per month.
5. 29% of Spotify users have heard a song on social media and then searched for it on Spotify, SoundCloud, Apple Music and other platforms.
Where do people find out about your music first, so your music goes from hundreds to hundreds of thousand listeners, followers and fans, which will help you create your community...
1. 27% is social media
2. 17% from a friend
3. 9% recommended through a streaming service or music platforms
4. 7% from an artist you already know
5. 5% on a curated playlist
6. 5% from TV and film
7. 5% from an audio ad
8. 9% from a family member
So now you know where your money should be spent when wanting to increase your monthly listeners and video views, where you notice the results.
*FYI - this blog post uses affiliate links. Whenever you click a link, please do mention that you heard of Promo Up Music or Musicgateway via Dats Muzik. I utilise a number of affiliate commission services to earn a percentage of commission on sales/ purchases.*